To graduate from Truett Seminary, all students must complete their required coursework, complete their spiritual formation requirement, and meet all graduation requirements.
Register for Graduation CHANGE YOUR GRADUATION DATE
|December 1||Deadline to apply for spring (May) graduation|
|May 1||Deadline to apply for summer (August) graduation|
|August 1||Deadline to apply for fall (December) graduation|
If you are applying for gradation past these stated deadlines, you must contact Jo Ann Reinowski (JoAnn_Reinowski@baylor.edu) immediately to request consideration to be included in graduation for that term.
Instructions for Prospective Graduates
Students should file for graduation at least one semester prior to the semester they intend to graduate. Students may file up to a year before their anticipated graduation date. Joint degree students should file for graduation with Truett upon completing their seminary courses even if they have not completed their secondary degree, stating their anticipated graduation date.
Why File for Graduation?
Filing for graduation informs Academic Services and the Baylor Registrar of your intent to graduate. Filing allows our office to monitor your academic progress in your last year, ensuring that you are taking the correct classes to complete your degree. It also gives you preferential consideration in case you are waitlisted for a class that you need to graduate. In addition, filing for graduation on time allows Academic Services adequate time to order diplomas for our graduating class.
Students graduating at any term between now and December 2023 may file for graduation.
Checklist for Prospective Graduates:
- File for graduation by completing a GRADUATION FORM at least one semester prior to your intended graduation date.
- If the date of your anticipated graduation has changed, fill out a GRADUATION DATE CHANGE NOTIFICATION FORM.
- Order Regalia - prospective graduates can order their regalia by directly contacting the Baylor Bookstore.
- Run a degree audit and confirm that all degree requirements are met.
- Ensure that all incomplete coursework or mentoring assignments are turned in one week prior to the last day of class (or by the deadline that your professor requires).
- Respond to all graduation-related emails.